Sunday 7 May 2017

In one weeks time, hopefully I should be on the 2nd stage of my C2C long distance walk. After the excitement and fond memories of doing The Pennine Way last June, I'm really looking forward to this new adventure, (call it what you like). I completeted any worthwhile training preperation yesterday with an 18 mile walk around the White Peak area. Catching the bus to Haddon Hall I walked to Youlgreave then onto the small villages of Monyash, Flagg, Taddington, Ashford in the Water then finishing in Bakewell. 18 miles in 6 hours, which included my lunch break, I was well pleased, hope I can do that sort of mileage through the Lake District next week. I won't, that I do know, great area for walking, probably the best in England but it can be very hard going, long steep climbs and everything. Done a few walks up there, I'm looking forward to that part of my C2C, hope I survive !!!
 So hopefully I will try and do a running blog, as I did last year, depending on wifi access of cause, ok bring it on.

This time I will be taking a few "selfies", don't worry, not that many, this is due to the fact I have done a bit of DIY and come up with this....
  by drilling a hole in one my walking poles and screwing in a camera adapter thread, hey presto...
find a a suitable place to shove the pole into the ground, set timer on camera and "Bobs your uncle".
 Hope you'll enjoy reading my blog as much as I will enjoy writing them

No comments:

Post a Comment